La Tavola Marche Farmhouse & Cooking School
Our cooking classes (featured in Budget Travel Magazine: 10 Cooking Schools in the World "Worth their Salt" and Food & Wine Magazine) are hands-on & truly from the 'farm to the table' with the first stop down to the garden farm to collect fresh fruits & veggies!
Everything we eat is local & seasonal! Chef Jason shares the secrets of cucina povera (peasant cooking) in full day & half day classes as well as custom packages.
About our Top 3 Cooking Classes - Click Here
Thinking of taking a cooking class in Italy? How to decide which class to take - Amateur or expert, young & old - here's what to expect at La Tavola Marche Cooking School:
Meet in the kitchen of our 300 year-old stone farmhouse, tie on your handmade apron (our gift to you) and head into the garden to collect the ingredients for your cooking class with a stop at the chicken coop to pick up fresh eggs! These are hands-on, roll up your sleeves, dive-right on in classes. We cater to our guests at every cooking level from the novice to the professional.
Enjoy the afternoon with Chef Jason in the Italian countryside with a glass of wine in your hand, cooking at ease in our family kitchen and then devour the delicious foods you have just created! Does it get any better? Creating & sharing a meal with friends & family around the table with the freshest ingredients prepared simply!
Cooking Classes are held: Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday & Saturday. All other days by request.
Hands-on, farm to fork cooking classes in Italy
Half-Day Cooking Classes
- normally starts mid-morning finishing with lunch, includes meal and house wine as well as an apron gift for € 125/person
Ful-Day Cooking Classes
- starts mid-morning and continues all day normally ending around 6pm; includes meal, snacks and house wine as well as an apron and The Little Recipe Book from the Kitchen of La Tavola Marche as a gift for € 200/person
- Handprinted Apron from Pascuchi
- Copy of The Little Recipe Book from the kitchen of La Tavola Marche
- Intimate class setting with a maximum of 6 students
- Complimentary local wine during all classes
- Afternoons at leisure with free time for personal exploration
Seasonality is the heart and soul of Italian cooking, fresh ingredients bursting with flavor. Here you will eat what you are fed. There are no menu options and everyone loves it! Guests are surprised by every dish, and you hear whispers of "What's coming next..." Here, to whet your appetite, is a bit of what to expect!
The food we serve is created from local ingredients, inspired by local traditions
Our meat comes from a farmer up the road with pigs and cows. Wild game, funghi and truffles from the woods behind our house! The fruits and vegetables are from our garden or from local farmers and the frutta vedure in town.
Walk along our road or into our backyard and you will find wild edibles like greens, dandelions, asparagus, berries, nuts, peaches, apricots, apples, pears, plums, fennel, numerous species of funghi and truffles all grown wild here! It's incredible!
Learn to cook with the seasons, make pizza and pasta or stuff sausages and cook in a forno legna (outdoor wood burning oven).
La Tavola Marche reveals the simplicity of Italian cooking, taking the freshest possible ingredients and preparing them simply. What a great vacation to stay in a relaxing beautiful setting and learn to prepare this delicious food, taking home more than just memories, but the ability to recreate a bit of Italy at home. When it comes to the classical and most time-honored of culinary traditions, you will find that cucina povera is the best. Cucina povera are dishes that have rural, peasant roots and what we share with our guests-authentic Italian cooking!
Customize Your Culinary Holiday
- Harvest seasonal product
- Vineyard tour and tasting
- Outdoor oven cooking
- Vegetable garden tour and foraging of wild fruits and vegetables
- Sausage making and tasting-wild boar, etc.
- Honey tasting, a specialty of the region
- Pasta making
- Truffle hunt
- Yacht Trip from Fano along the Adriatc for a fish feast lunch at sea
- Picnic lunches
- 5-course wine paired dinner